Monday, August 1, 2011

Well here we go.....

So it's finally here! 
This dream. 
This vision. 
This passion and desire that God placed on my heart two years ago is here. 
And the last thing this trip is about is me. Please if your focusing on me and what i'm doing, take me out of the center of the picture. The picture here is SO much bigger than me. I'm just a light--a reflector of the One who completely TRANSFORMED me. 
For those who don't know, after i graduated highschool past may, i made a commitment to be in Uganda, Africa for four months in the fall.
Believe me, this was no decision that was taken lightly! During my junior year, a sweet friend of mine began working with an orphanage in Uganda. God used her to spark something in my heart...it was literally a burning fire that couldn't be put out and i'd never even visited this place before. But through lots and lots of prayer and seeking, I knew this place would have some part in my story. That it wasn't put in my life by coincidence.  This beautiful place, that in less than 24 hours, I will walk on and take in every single smell, touch, and sight. 
It's pretty surreal you know? 
But anywho, through this blog and trip i want to people SO badly to see that what God has placed on their heart-- their desires, talents, gifts, and abilities-- they are there for a reason! And when you give it to Him, He will do something with it. 
Our world is SO much bigger than what is just around us and what we see everyday. 
SO much bigger. 
This is kindove an intro tester blog post so i know it's short. But dont worry, i love writing so get ready for some long ones!
For right now i will keep observing all of these brilliant English accents, eat lots of pez, drink CAFFEINE, prepare my heart for what's ahead, meet new airport friends, and spread smiles around this place for the next 10 or so hours :) 


Thank you EVERYONE who has surrounded me and loved me in my life. You all have a part of this story that Jesus is writing....every one of you does.


For my parents...you are simply fantastic in every way and i miss you terribly already. 
for my sisters...well what can i say? I've been blessed with pretty wonderful totally different but oh so adorable sisters! i love you madii and ashley.


For my airport crew (you know who you are)...you were the best. That airport trip was brilliant because of yall


I have one more thing to leave with yall.
FREEDOM.
Galatians 5:1 


It is for FREEDOM that Christ has set us FREE. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.


Freedom..like really think about that?! Never again are we chained by anything at all from the past. We are free! PLEASE just soak that in right now. I'm still trying to process it. i just love that! i could go on and on........ 
That's what life is about....this freedom that carries us through to do what we are meant to do. 
mmm....just beautiful.







1 comment: