Friday, August 5, 2011

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."

Just having a grass skirt african drum dance party!


Today was a wonderful day.....I got to go to my friends house and play with sweet babies all day and hangout. Well for those of you who don't know me, babies are my total weakness. I adore them with every inch of my bones and so today was just great. This is sweet Amina who is a miracle child and quite the Ms. Priss :) I fell in love with this little angel quickly lets just say.
I also got to meet an awesome man named Joseph! He was my Bota (motorcycle taxi) driver for the day. He is a worship leader at his church and just such a gentlemen like oh my word. The people here, i'm telling you, are something truly special. Their ability to care for others past their present circumstances is simply inspiring. He made sure i never rode on an inexperienced bota drivers' bota and always was safe. And i just met him once. Thanks Joseph for helping me so much today. 
On the way home from Amy's house, we have to cross a bridge over the Nile River. The sun was setting tonight as we crossed over it to go back home. It was one of the most raw beatiful scenes i have seen in awhile. Riding on this bridge with the cool wind whispering in my ear, the hum of Ugandan people chatting around, and this sky...oh the sky. Over this River that until now, I have only known in History class. And now i get to see it with this brilliant sky hovering over it. 
It literally took my breath away. 
It was the combination of my days here so far and this beautiful scene that God was so present in, that just overwhelmed me with a sort of gratitude i have never felt before. 
This place is an answer to prayer.
How it'll play into  my life in the future? I have no idea.
The details of my future? I don't know in the slightest.
But that God is using this place to place things on my heart, to show me more of Him so i can share Him with the people here....I am absolutely sure of.
You see, I believe we miss the point a lot...of life. 
Somewhere along the way we got this crazy idea that life hasn't succeeded for us until we have our big picture figured out. 
Until we have our PLAN set in stone. 
Until we have the "requirements" to succeed. 
I beg to differ.
Plans are good, and school is a great thing, and work is a necessary thing.
But not knowing how my life will play out in the next 10 years or even year.....that's ok.
Because i can rest assured that the same God who paints out that scenery over the River..
That same God who can pluck stars from the sky allowing them to fall and leaving us in awe...
That same God, is in charge of me. 
And everyday i'm praying for boldness to rest assured in Him,
apart from everything else.
And i believe He has plans.
I know He does.
So i can't wait to see how they play out.
Please, i beg you, never get so caught up in the big picture or the retirement plan or the salary...
That you forget about THIS moment.
That you forget about our God who is present in EVERY moment.
I pray you never forget to hear the music around you,

so that you, too, can be part of the dance.




Please pray for little Shamim. She is a sweet little 24 month old girl who has suffered from a lot of health problems including HIV and significant brain damage. She has come a long way and wasn't even expected to live. So we are claiming and praying that her health will only continue to get better.
Much love :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to visit Amy and crew! And SKYPE!! Thanks for sharing the pic of Amina; and for the reminders to slow down and take in the sunsets, and not get so caught up in OUR plan but allow the Holy Spirit to use us as HIS plan unfolds for us. Keep on lovin those babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss amina. and amy. if i could begin to explain how much I miss them all, I would but there are no words. mom just told me about your blog- and as soon as I saw the pic of amina, I just stopped. i miss her, and all of them. so so glad you were able to go visit/see them. be blessed jessica. the lord is blessing others through you. praying for you as you seek HIS FACE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will keep in perfect peace all who fix their eyes on Him and trust in Him!! I love you! K. Richt

    ReplyDelete