Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Faces......

So today after a visit to the market, i got the awesome experience of going out with my new fabulous friends McKenzie and Isaaic ( a local here) to a different town nearby.
And on the drive there i saw so many people, so many faces.
See, i wanted to jump out of the car and just get to know each one of them! I wanted to ask them their story, know if they have found Hope in this hard life here, know if they had parents or any family at all, know if they were healthy, know if they needed a friend.
I wanted to do this to every one of them.
With me just arriving here, my head floods with thoughts when i drive around this place!
And those are just some of them.....

There are so many eyes...so many faces.

And i just wonder, how in the world can i know them all? I want to capture each one and engrain it in my mind forever, but how can i manage to do that? How can i get them all in?
I can't.
As much as i would adore to be super woman and do that, i just can't.
And ya know, i have to know that's okay.
That each face means a story.
Each face really does matter!
But Jesus, may i do the most for the faces i can see and touch and love on.
That's what i must choose to do.
So many faces,
and yet i have been given the oppurtunity to bless even just one?
Thats remarkable in itself.....

So i'm thankful....so thankful for the faces i can get to know and thankful for those i don't. Knowing that when i pray as they quickly pass by, it does not go unheard.

I'm anxious now to even look at the faces i see at home like those i do here.
because people are all over the world special and unique.
In Africa or in Winder, Georgia.
So today i've learned something new....to look at faces as a story.
And to look at them as chances to smile.
THESE pictures are the faces i DID get to smile at today...
I got to kiss the little boys (Enochs) cheeks in the second picture. He is dying from kidney failure, but in this picture he is laughing...we are laughing together.... he's truly loving this one day he's gotten the opportunity to live. Laughter, oh how i love me some laughter!
These people i swear.......are something else! And i just can't believe i am here with them.

Here are some things that i've loved today! Some random, and some not so random.
1) dancing...oh these kids love to dance and so do i so id say we have a pretty good time :)
2) alcohol cake that the girls in the village made us. ( something i've never tried before, don't worry the alcohol was cooked out! )
3) Snuggles at night with Walter and Jason telling them all about my family. They were so adorable and so fascinated.
4) Loud music playing all around....those of you who know me know that this is right up my alley :)
5) Passion fruit from the market...SOO GOOD! bought 7 of them today
6) My new Ugandan friend Isaaic.
7) Our gate guard aaron, and his skill to play guitar and sing! He is just awesome.
8) Ephesians 3:20 *check it out please
9) Bota Botas (motorcycle taxis)  my new favorite thing!
10) Love...i'm just so thankful for love...and soaking it all in....all this Love.
11) The new Michael Ketterer CD. Out of the ordinary, but very powerful. Please check it out!
okay well i'm off to bed i love you all!
I know this post was sort of scattered but as is my mind....like all of the time

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart so openly. It is wonderful to read your perspective on Jinja, Uganda, Africa! Those bota-botas!! Amy and Betty were sore from 3 hrs of riding today on those!! Lots of errands! Such a precious new blog picture! Will be praying for those precious little ones; they truly are precious in His sight. God bless you! OH! And I can't WAIT to tell you what a BLESSING the contents of the container and the suitcase were! Made me smile… and I think it made Jesus smile, too! :)

    ReplyDelete