Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"‎"Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people he has made?" -Francis Chan


"It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself." -John Piper


Check this song out..its pretty great



Well today, a bacteria of some sort decided to try and call my stomach it’s home :)
So with my body begging me for some rest, i welcomed it with open arms!
Today i got to rest and spend some time with these wonderful people.
Some call them just kids, but actually these kids are my heros.
And they are just wonderful, a complete mess....yes....but wonderful all the same.
                                                        This is my girl.
                                                              This is Zeke pretty much all of the time!
So today,
i’m finding myself so thankful for saltine crackers, quick calls to my incredible mom, soft drinks...loads of them, a total downpour of a rainstorm, Will Reagan’s cd, wonderful new friends to sit and talk with about things on our minds....
for my pillow pet
for books 
for Aaron who's teaching me more on the guitar
for these wonderful faces that you see in the pictures...they are just a few of my heros that live at this house...but i’m so thankful for sitting on the front porch time tonight.
And for the giggles....oh the giggles.
Another night of dancing to Waka Waka while i sit on the couch and shared LOUD laughs with Zak (I’m not even sure why he was laughing, but boy was he laughing! Which made the reason..well, not so important).
And tonight, while i’m really trying my best (and i think i’m making progress) at talking to this new friend in my stomach and letting it know that i really don’t like him being there, I’m very thankful for my wonderfully comfortable pants (props to goodwill) and my lovely cozy flannel (thanks to my insanely awesome friend tab!)

Today was quiet and wondrous.
Today was filled with silence, laughter, screams, and everything in between.
But today was a day that i got to be here-right where I'm meant to be. Right at the place that God carved out four months for me to be in.
And oh boy, am i so thankful!
Thankfulness changes everything...
Everyday has purpose- when we choose to see it that way.

This tired body is now off to bed! Got a morning breakfast with a new friend i've yet to meet....but some of my favorite people back home know her pretty well. Pretty small world huh? :) I just love that.




Much love :) 
(and i really mean that by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment