Friday, August 19, 2011

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Yeah, this is pretty stunning. The Nile River....So much history and so much beauty. Even by creation, it's pretty obvious that life is so beyond ourselves.

Love.
I think I may have even written about this before...
but its SO huge to get. and SO wrecking my heart lately.
Am i really loving? Are we really loving?
 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.
  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part,  but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
  And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13
You see, this is love.
I witnessed today a girl who was 13. She understood what love, true love, was about.She had nothing really. An outfit or two maybe, and told me about how famine is such a huge problem in her town. She talked about how jobs were so hard to find, and how life is just hard sometimes where she lives. But with a smile so evident in her eyes, she was telling me all of this. She looked at Tasha who was in my arms and asked me if she was sick, to which i replied, "yes she is pretty sick." And you know what she said? She could have said a lot of things. Her life really wasn't "fair." She didn't have much at all, and this little sick girl was getting lots of love and help and attention. 
"Oh, Jesus will help her. He is holding that little girl even now. I will pray."
Ha.
Wow.
THAT is love...
Even though this girl was only 13, she was so aware of the love that her Father had lavished upon her... even so that when faced with caring or praying for others, what was pleasing to herself seemed SO insignificant. Even if she could have really asked for a lot, and had really every right to. She wanted to care. She wanted to look beyond herself and point to Jesus.
We think that things or materials can change people. 
That if they have good things, then they will understand...then they will be okay.
I'm finding by being here, that is so very wrong.
This girl had nothing, but at the same time had EVERYTHING.
She understood what I most often miss.
What love really is. And what it really looks like, with no selfish gain...NONE...in mind at all.
The TRUE Gift we have to give is nothing we can hold in our hands and hand out to people.
It's much deeper, much bolder, and lasts forever.


This is just one story. But oh it was a wonderful story today! 
And i'm learning from it. I hope you do too.Oh I hope that sweet girl realizes what she taught me today.
But one day, we will be in Heaven together...me and her...and she'll know :)


About my day today, well it was pretty fantastic! This morning Emily, Sarah, and I took some of the kiddos to a clinic (that i can't believe we found due to the fact that it was way off the road and in such a random hilarious spot). GOOD NEWS!! They got their epilepsy medicine so hopefully they will start to see lots of progress! Oh goodness, i hope some of these little guys start feeling better. Tasha (the little 3 year old girl in the picture below with me) really needs some prayers! She is on TB medicine, and we think that she spends most of her days having focal seizures. This basically means she is in oblivion most of her life. If this is true, then this medicine provided by this wonderful doctor today should be able to help her tremendously! I would love to see this chicks personality come out..i can already tell she's going to be a sassy one :) So that's what we are praying for...healing. But apart from that, I must constantly remind myself to just rest...rest in His will and believe in that with all of my heart.
Me and Tasha...she is one tough girl!


Oh and just a funny moment i want to share..
JoJo.
This little guy is possibly the most content little dude i have EVER met. 
He's sort of just happy in his own world, making his own noises (constantly), and just livin life.
He probably makes me laugh the most out of my days, and is pretty much just a joy to  be around! He is so cuddly and cute..and yeah, just content.
Well JoJo gets sick quite often and right now has some nasty conjunctivitis stuff going on. Apparently, he has a very weird sensitive stomach too. So when me and Emily were eating dinner in the kitchen, we heard like a horrible gargling noise coming from JoJo's room. I assumed it was just some nasty stuff getting caught in his throat or nose....but when we went in to check on him...he was just laying down..with his face against the mosquito net, leaning against the bed, throwing up....A LOT! I wish i could have captured this moment on a picture, but amidst some crazy throwing up....he was just laying down moving his hands around, making his funny noises. Not moving at all.
He was completely content. Just throwing up on himself and chilling.
This little guy is a MESS! and has completely stolen my heart. Any man in my life has some serious competition, just sayin :)
Anyways, that was like a highlight of my night to see and so i thought i'd share! 
Oh, and this little guy, is my boy JoJo.

No comments:

Post a Comment