Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today I learned.

Please listen to this. (you may want to pause music on the side)

Today I learned.
That grace isn't always in the pretty, but in the seemingly ugly.
In the seemingly hopeless.
And in the seemingly lost.
Because you see, its then when God can really show Himself powerful.
And show Himself faithful.
Even if it means we must just learn a hard lesson in the ugly and hard...
That's grace abounding because, you see, we learned.

I've soaked in what strength these kids teach me.
Despite abuse, extreme neglect, and hurt...they bounce back with total resilience?
It doesn't make sense, really.
But that's the strength they display, and they totally don't even realize it.
I'm here to help them, but as cliché as it may sound, they have already taught me so much more...
That happiness can be found in the smallest of things.
That dancing is the perfect way to end a day..especially in grass skirts.
And that Jesus is always the right answer to a question.
         Example of a conversation... "Jason, do you want to go to timeout?" "Oh its ok, I'll just see Jesus there."

That there is ALWAYS more room to love, and always more love to give when we are serving the Master of Love, Himself.

That even fifty-five kisses in a row isn't even enough for a boy who is just starting to learn what love is all about.
And that God is gracious enough to continue to teach this boy what love really is about despite a past filled with no tangible evidence of love at all.

Today I've been wrecked once again in some major faults of my own.
My heart's been ripped open to my own ignorance and pride, but then again it kindove is every day.
There's no day I am perfect.
No day that i really and truly do my absolute best.
And i make mistakes, plenty of them.
But learning from them....for sure.
Another example of grace.
GRACE. i can't really even fathom it.
How amazing it really is.

Today I was exposed to pain at its finest.
So i'm holding on to the TRUTH that His strength extends even when weakness is abounding.
And just to the truth that He knows.
We don't have to beg Him to listen.
He knows.

Today I've been filled with laughter.
More than i can imagine.
I believe that's how every day should be.
Laughter is my medicine, and believe me i get plenty of doses!
Plenty of loud obnoxious doses :)
I love how we don't have to try and laugh, ya know?
It's natural.
It was instilled in us.
Laughter is a beautiful thing, dont miss it.

Today I've learned how to giggle while getting peed on plenty of times.
Today I've learned that it truly doesn't matter how dirty your feet are, how often you get to wash your hair,
or how many times spit up has graced this shirt.

Today, I've learned that i'm obsessed with pineapples and avacados,
and that my nails grow faster in Africa.
Today, I've learned so many new names and so many new faces.
Today, I've learned how LOVE and PERSEVERENCE go together (2 Thess. 3:5).
Today I've learned (or was reminded of) how many wonderful people i have in my life.
Sometimes, i can't really believe it. Goodness, i love you guys.
Today, I've learned that passions aren't for nothing.
Today, I've learned that ignorance is not the answer, to anything.
Today, I've learned that i'm just thankful.
Today, I've learned that Jesus can rock your world today and everyday when you choose to see the world through His eyes.
Today, I've learned so much more about the word love.
Today, I've been reminded of how much i love thunderstorms.
Today, I've been reminded of how wondrous and breathtaking the moon is,
and how i want to be like the moon...just like it...a REFLECTOR.
And today, I've learned more about what Hope looks like in action.

Today, I've learned that in all of its messiness,
the day was beautiful.
And despite bad news,
at the end of the day we are called to REST assured in the GOOD NEWS.

So to end with that,
today is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment