Thursday, August 4, 2011

So happy......

Check out my little snuggle buddy for the night?
Soooo cute.
Sleeping with a two month old is like pure bliss.
His name is Innocent!
As i was talking to his mama tonight i asked her where that name came from and she said that when we mess up in the past and come to forgiveness we become innocent before God and forgiven. We are innocent from our past. Thats why she named her little baby boy this :) How cool huh??
And tonight while she is working i get to snuggle and sleep with him...oh to say i'm excited is just an understatement.
Today i got to know many of the kids' at Ekisa's stories. To say my heart broke doesn't really do it justice..
I will upload pictures soon to show you each of their faces, but each of these kids are the HAPPIEST kids with the MOST personality i have ever met.
And to hear their background stories was just jolting to say the least.
A sweet boy named Zak who loves to smile and be tickled and dance and bring you treasures he finds in the yard and just hold your hand for hours and rub it.
This sweet boy for five years was treated like an animal in a garden. For five years of his life........i can't exactly fathom that.
But what i can fathom now is how happy he makes me. And he shows me hope! He shows me that nothing is too hard to overcome with the help and Spirit of Jesus.
Zak is a warrior. And he makes me want to be a better person. He makes me lean on God more and more because I see the inability of myself.

Debra was left abandoned in a hospital.
She is trapped inside of her own body with no control over her muscles or voice.
If i were her, i would probably choose to just be bitter or angry.
Everything inside of her perfect mind cannot be let out because of her body..
But do you know what she chooses?
She always chooses to smile and she is the most clever child i have ever met!
She reminds me that joy isn't circumstantial and that no day is ever to be left with sharing a smile.

Those are just two of the stories.
But these kids have taught me so much and will keep doing so.
I have fallen in love so hard with them i don't even know what to do with myself i think my heart will burst!
And today i just got to learn more about them and share more smiles and laughter with them.
I learned their stories and saw what the hope in their eyes stems from.
I love them.
Oh do i love them!
Okay well i'm off to bed with my snuggle buddy but more to come soon......
Thank you for all of your prayers! But please do not pray for me and my sake. This trip is so much bigger than me! Please lift up the people here and for Hope to be shown. For Power to be displayed. And for Love to be evident.
Thank you thank you thank you!
Here are a few pictures i'll share with ya
                                                  A sweet boy from town....
                                                      Zeke and Christina!
                                                                     Smiles all around.
                                                    A shot from the town we were in yesterday...

much love :)

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable snuggle buddy! :) And what a special opportunity to love and be loved in a different part of the world. You look like you're adapting quickly!!

    ReplyDelete