Friday, September 23, 2011

Namaste.

So in a book I'm reading, it mentioned a little word that i have fell SO in love with.
For those of you who know me, you know that i am in love with words and writing etc...

Namaste.

The english language doesn't really have an equivalent word for this.
But it basically means, "I honor and am so thankful for the Holy One who lives in you."
Wow.
This man was serving in India and when he would serve people by helping them with medical issues or just hanging out with them or just talking to them...instead of thank you, this is what they would say.
Namaste.
These thoughts in my head may come off as rambling, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Just bear with me.
Namaste.
In India, they say this instead of thank you or thank you for showing Jesus or any other thing we may say sometimes.
Namaste, i am so thankful for Jesus who is living in you and living and breathing through you.
Ha.
My heart and my life desire to be drawn to such a place of craving and desiring to hear that.
That from nothing of my own accord, I crave and yearn for you to see Jesus in me.
And I'm learning to see others in this light.
I see it in Stella's evident joy after losing her baby girl.
I don't want to just say "Oh, sweet Stella."
But, Namaste.
Oh my word. Jesus. He is in you, Stella. And i see it. He is SHINING. And i love and honor Him shining through you.
It is almost breath taking.
To all the amazing people who love and do incredible things here,
I want to clap for them, raise them up, and tell people about them.
But I'm always reminded that no, it's not really about that. Not at all.
Self-glory is such a small picture thing. At the end of the day, even at the end of our lives, where does it get us?
Clapping our hands and raising up people who do amazing things...where does that get us at the end of it all....
No where.
So,
namaste.
May I look at their lives and be overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement for the One who lives in them.
Who is behind the work they do. Who is BIGGER THAN LIFE ITSELF.
This is when temporary things get carried on into eternity.
When the big picture of life is revealed.
Namaste.
Such a beautiful word.
That encompasses so much.
Still soaking in everything it means, and loving this word.
But, wow.
Namaste.
So. Cool.
It reminds me of what my mom and cousin always say.
"Let's go get Jesus in our bones."
So whatever they do in the day. He is just there.
He is with us.
All the time.
Because, He is. always.
He just IS.



And here is a story that is sure to give you a good laugh.
Nam (our very pregnant 16 year old at the house) was craving meat last night.
And when a pregnant girl craves something, there is just no way around it.
Especially for Nam.
This girl is sassy and spunky at its finest.
So what does she do about this?
Well ofcourse, she hunts down a baby chick that was stuck in our gate...and kills it.
Then she plucks all of the feathers off and skins it.
Let me remind you that this chicken was literally smaller than my hand. it was TINY.
And so i'm in the kitchen cooking dinner and she walks in with a washcloth in her hand.
She unwraps it, and inside lays this pitiful, dead, skinless, BABY chicken.
I might have screamed a bit...especially when it was put in my face!
She goes on to explain that "Well, she was craving meat. So she got it."
To say that i couldnt stop laughing would be an understatement.
I was crying i was laughing so hard!
Then she goes outside to roast it.
When she is done, she walks in the house holds up this black crispy tiny bird and exclaims with a huge smile on her face, "I have finished roasting my bird!"
(see facebook for a picture of it)
Oh. my. word.
Later that night we were sitting around with the women outside.
Nam was telling us that in three days her baby will come. But only if she has duck one day, pork the next day, and cow the next.
She said that she will not share her duck with anyone! And she also won't share her pig with anyone!
But, she very graciously informed us, that if we get her a whole cow....she will share some.
This girl is a hoot.
And oh my word it was a night full of laughter last night here at Ekisa!

much much love to you all :)

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me crave more Jesus in my bones.
    Mmmm.
    Oh and P.S. of all the American accents I hear here, your's is definitely the cutest!

    ReplyDelete