Saturday, September 17, 2011

“All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don't tiptoe.”

SOOO.....
I came to Africa with an open invitation for God to work.
Which, ha, i'm now realizing i shouldn't have to "plan" time frames into my schedule for Him to show me what to do.
These past weeks have surely had their difficulties, their challenges, and their unending questions from my end.
But these past weeks have brought exciting things.
I'm overwhelmed and I am just in awe of the love of Jesus.
Today, i was standing in a long line to get more internet on my computer here.
I had my ipod in my ears and almost couldn't stand still from excitement. literally.
Some exciting things are happening.
And I'm just seeing how all of the puzzle pieces of my life are being put together.
Seemingly small things, like how relationships turned out, or a choice in school, or a result that came up on google....these things are part of the puzzle for my life.
And some pieces are coming together...and i'm getting a small glimpse of what He's up to with me.
what He's up to with the world.
And. i'm. just. blown. away.
Filled with excitement.
But blown away and knocked to my knees in humility.
No, people, there isn't "chance."
So its about time that we stop flattering ourselves with the idea of chance at all.
There isn't coincidence.
There isn't just a collaboration of events that wind up at some random place that turned out rather nice.
There is a plan.
And behind that plan -- the plan for you and for me--
There is God.
A God way bigger than me, way more beautiful than any of our minds could ever fathom, and a God who loves more than our hearts can even grasp.
And His heart, is beating through my life.
And i'm learning more what that looks like.
And i'm seeing the passion in that.
Guys, It's a big deal...
To even be able to be graced with the opportunity to be a light.



Now that you know whats on my heart here are some updates here at the house:
Tasha (who i wrote about sometime earlier i think?) sat up by herself for about three seconds! THIS IS  A BIG DEAL PEOPLE. Oh this made us all so excited and so hopeful for this little girls future.
JoJo (who is the cutie in the previous post) has been crawling all by himself! Without us even using food as motivation :)
The staff infection and bed bugs seem to be going away in the house. Lots of excitement about that on this end haha.
Stella (Shamim's mom) came home! She is doing so well and her spirit just baffles and inspires me. Jesus is so real through this woman, like I have never seen before. This house with all of her friends and sweet kids is going to be used as a place of healing for her  i really believe.
School is starting up for the kids. They are doing so good besides some minor focusing issues :) And it is so cute to watch them so excited about learning...hmm..maybe i have something to learn from them?
I have officially reached the max of 1938364 mosquito bites on me (but who's counting anyways?)
These brilliant kids are still busting a move every night. Waka Waka is still the favorite.
There are so many wonderful beautiful people at work in Uganda. They have each been used to teach me so so so much. Ah i love the beauty of timing and relationships with new friends.
So stinkin' cool.


Please listen to this song today.
I have been loving it lately.


1 John 5
vs. 2
"This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving and carrying out His commands. This is love for God: to obey His commands. And His commands are NOT burdensome...for everyone born of God overcomes the world."
wow.
amen.
& hallelujah!

praying tonight that wherever God has me and wherever He brings me...
May it be well with my soul....
Praying this for you, too.


Much much much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment