Friday, September 9, 2011

Meemster.


Today, little Shamim just stopped breathing.
Out of all of the medical problems she has had and was having, she just stopped breathing.
Peacefully.
Beautiful.

It's hard to understand.
And honestly, even a little hard to accept.
I'm not handling this like any superstar at all, today has been a tough day.
I have more questions than answers.
More hurt than understanding.

BUT I do have the hope of there being Jesus in this life, and after death.
He is there. With her. She is dancing happily before Him now.
She is full.
She is whole.
She is singing singing singing.
Her little body is in peace.

And as many questions as I have.
As much as it hurts, to loose a little girl who i fell in love with so quickly.
As much as I will hate to see her mama go through the grief.
I'm thankful.
Thankful that she isn't struggling anymore.
Thankful that I got to spend a day with her at the hospital on Monday.

Death. I'm a newbie at it to be honest.
Especially that of a child.
It was TB.
Then an ear infection.
And she needed a few dollars for transportation to get help.
If she would have gotten that help earlier on, she may have been ok.
But a few dollars for transport.....

Like I said, more questions than answers.
But answers aren't really the point. Some things, in this mind of mine, really won't make sense. Ever.
And right now, I can't see the greater good yet.
Except for the fact that Shamim is happy. And whole. And healthy.
And that is enough.
Enough to rest in.
Thanks, Jesus. For being there.
In life and after life.
Wasn't she just stunning?!


Meemster and her tiny self.

1 comment:

  1. You are so precious Jessica. I'm sorry for your grief. You are in my prayers everyday.

    ReplyDelete