Monday, September 5, 2011

Get excited.

Lots on my mind, so i thought i'd share a journal with you from the other night.



I never knew that so many stars existed in the sky at night until I came here.
It's beyond brilliant...there seems to be millions of huge stars squirting and blinking out so much light and sparkles that light up the whole entire sky.
They blink and twinkle so brilliantly that its almost as if they are talking to you -- or singing maybe.
Tonight, as i played temporary night guard (haha) I was at a literal loss for words -- completely captivated by the sheer beauty of it all.
It made me feel so. incredibly. small.
And gladly, so.

The stars.
A small but significant way of God revealing His brilliant mind to the world.

The past week, there has been a lot of sickness around here.
And with more sickness comes a bigger awareness of the total lack of medical care available here.
It's shocking -- I never truly realized how blessed I was to grow up with the doctor care that I did.
Please, next time you go to the doctors just be thankful for them. For real.

But under this brilliant piece of art work (aka. the sky).
With the stars in all of their gleaming glory, and with the huge moon smiling amidst it all.
I'm reminded.

I'm reminded that life is so much bigger than little me.
I'm reminded that..yes, God IS good.
Even in it all, He is good.
And that never ever changes.
And just like the stars in the sky, He is our light that is leading me into beautiful places.
And they are beautiful simply because He is there.

Allowing myself to submit to the beauty in the world, is choosing to acknowledge the artist and to love Him even more.

The Creator, He is everywhere.
He is in it all.
Even in the rolling hills and the brilliant fields.
He is in the dark evening sky and in every sunrise.
He is there -- whispering for us to see Him.

And under a star-filled night, I'm filled with excitment and laughter.

The Maker of this beautiful sky is leading my life?!
Oh, yes.

I'm reminded of how small I am tonight.
But filled with excitement about showing the world who is behind every sunrise and starry night.

"I see Your face in every sunrise. The colors of the morning are inside your eyes."
Wow. wow. wow.
He is there.
And oh my goodness, is He good.

Check this out. It is pretty neat.


Much much much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment