Saturday, March 17, 2012

The other day.

A wise man told me the other day to appreciate and love my dad because he was one of the most incredible and selfless men that he knew.
I agreed.
A wise man told me the other day that he had been praying for me ever since I was a little girl.
And I knew he wasn't just saying that. I knew that his very prayers were part of where I'm at today.
A wise man told me the other day that he loved me.
And I believed it. It was different than the day today "i love you"'s thrown around every day.
It was desperate. Sincere. And so radically pure.
A wise man told me the other day to achieve every dream that I needed to achieve....tomorrow...and to allow that to put my dreams -- what really matters -- into perspective.
And it made sense. Because there he was in his hospital bed, achieving his dream of fiercely loving his family and of showing people Jesus even in the very hardest.
A wise man told me the other day to take it one day at a time.
And i saw -- right there in front of my own eyes -- those words in true action.

My life has been officially changed by the life of a man that has been there for my dad in work and just in true friendship.
And been in my life as an example of everything a man should be.
An example of joy.
Of craziness and jokes.
And of love, love bigger than I've really seen before.

This wise man told me all of this on a not even ten minute skype conversation that I was able to have with him the other day thanks to some little miracles.
And it spoke straight to me.
And in his last days, he chose to be used. And was used. His very words to me -- filled with purpose. And perfect timing.

And now he's not here on this earth anymore.
And I dont really understand all of this death stuff. It seems to be happening too much lately.
It baffles my mind about how a person can just stop breathing.

And as MUCH as i just freaking don't understand.
I know truth. And truth is just TRUE.
That this wise man lived for something, for the ONE thing.
So his life, in fact, is not over. It is just beginning.
And here on earth, yeah I don't really get it.
But man, the comfort of life after death.
Of hope.

And so i just wanted to write this out. So maybe you can learn from his words too.
So that his heart will live on through what he will continue to teach people through these words and in the countless other ways he was involved in people's lives.

Life here on earth only happens once.
And we don't have all the time on the earth.
So may this painful day continue to teach me to carry on.
And make the days count. And to allow my heart to be awakened with dreams. Dreams that matter.
And may those take action, tomorrow.
and the next day.
and the next.
one. day. at. a. time.

Thank you Mr. David.

No comments:

Post a Comment