Sunday, October 23, 2011

lately...

Lately i have been reminded of my own imperfection.
And learning to be okay with that.
To acknowledge that me and myself won't get things right a lot of times.
But that His grace is enough.

Lately I've been learning how to let His grace shine brighter and brighter.
Where we are weak, He. Is. So. Strong.
And grace has nothing to do with our ability -- and everything to do with our inability.

Lately I have been blown away by the people around me, Seeking to glorify Jesus.
And how Jesus can rock our worlds for His glory when we give Him total control.
And boy do I have a lot to learn from these people that I am surrounded by......
    

      The two Emily's at Ekisa, who spend their lives advocating for these disabled or special needs         children who were abandoned and deemed as nothing by the world. They serve with their whole hearts and long for nothing more than for Jesus to be glorified in their work.



      My incredible friend, Amy, who selflessly loves the little cuties that God graced her with. And the way that she wholeheartedly follows Jesus -- regardless of the cost. She loves passionately and serves wildly after Jesus and completely shines the grace and redemption of Christ. I am just blown away by it all.






And also by my mom. Who loves, right where she is at. Regardless of what the day brings, she chooses love. Many people's lives have been changed because of her. And boy there is just a lot to learn from this lovely lady i get to call mom :)



And also by my wonderful Dad. Who teaches me more about caring for people than most people have been able to exemplify. His heart is huge, his love is so big, and i just thank God for that every day....that i have such a wonderful example to look up to as my dad. So. incredibly. blessed.


And i'm thankful for my crazy wacky sisters. It's so cool how family is specifically planned out. And oh goodness, how special my family is to me! These two chicks are my support system and i love them so deeply. They teach me more about life each day and constantly remind me of the beauty in daily things. As different as we are, i couldn't think of a better mix of three girls in a house than the one we have going all of the time. 

Sharing my moments of gratitude today. And the people that are on my heart that have blessed me beyond belief. 
Overwhelmed with grace, so evident in lives all around me.
And so thankful that grace has absolutely NOTHING to do with our own ability, and everything to do with us surrendering our inability to the creator of our very hearts.
And so i encourage you to let you light shine.
You have no idea what a difference it is making in the lives of the people watching you.
All of these people mentioned on here have changed my life.
And i'm just so thankful.
Thankful that we serve a God, a Master, who has a plan.
A Master who intricately intertwines peoples paths together for a purpose.
And it all goes back to 
Love.
Oh goodness, how He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment