Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A couple glimpses of why I love this place.




Reason #1
I went to my sweet friend, Sarah's, house for lunch and an afternoon of just hanging out and laughing. This lady is sass at its FULLEST and hilarious in every way. I just love her. She is such a mom to me here, and a reminder of how sweet life is when we just choose to learn to love Jesus and see Him so alive in the world more each day.
She lives in a one room house with her daughter.
And although they don't have much at all....
She knows I love coke so instead of buying me one,
she bought me three to make sure I had enough.
She is just a servant and shines the JOY of giving and loving expecting nothing in return.

And instead of cooking me what she normally has, she went out of her way to cook my favorite kind of rice and some beef. Beef is expensive here...more than the other stuff.
The spirit of the people here, ready to serve.
It's contagious and I love it. Learning a lot from it too.
In fact, she asked me this question while we were hanging out...
"Is it true, Jessica, the in America if someone stops by without announcing first that they are coming that a family will not go out of their way to give them their food and make them feel welcome and important?"

HMMMM.....
yeah and the fact that she invited me over for lunch which was a four hour ordeal.
Time didn't matter to her at all, she was more interested in hanging out and the conversation then the time on her watch. Pretty cool.

And a lot more special that way.



Reason #2 for the day.
Being reminded that ALL kids, no matter where in the world they are, are born with their own spunk and their own stunning smile and personality. These are some of our neighbors....



(if you double click the pictures you can make them bigger)

much much love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment